Samuel D. Habeeb
Samuel D. Habeeb
Sam Habeeb is a member of the Product Liability and Mass Tort Litigation Group and serves as national counsel for a diversified global equipment manufacturer.
He has achieved successful verdicts and appellate rulings as lead counsel representing medical providers and product manufacturers, and has achieved successful decisions in appellate courts as lead oral argument counsel. He received successful verdicts as trial counsel in cases including:
- Walters v. Rehability - Warren County Circuit Court (Lead trial counsel representing Physical Therapy corporation in alleged malpractice case)
- Rucksduhl v. Field Memorial Hospital - U.S. District Court, Southern District, Miss. (co-trial counsel representing Community Hospital)
- Jones v. Vicksburg - Administrative Board and Warren County Circuit Court (lead counsel representing local business in re-zoning litigation)
- Schwab v. United States - U.S. District Court, Southern District, Miss. (lead trial counsel in Federal Tort Claim Act case)
Additionally, Sam achieved a successful Summary Judgment in U.S. District Court in favor of Client, equipment manufacturer, in a case involving lack of proof of specific exposure by plaintiff who worked at worksite where records indicated manufacturer's presence at worksite.
Sam also has extensive appellate experience, serving as lead oral argument counsel in various cases. He has achieved successful decisions in appellate courts, including the following exemplary cases:
- Crossfield Products Corp. v. Irby, et al., 910 So. 2d 498 (Miss. Sup. Ct. 2005)
- City of Belmont, et al., v. State Tax Comm'n, 860 So. 2d 289 (Miss. Sup. Ct. 2003)
- Steele v. Inn of Vicksburg, 697 So. 2d 373 (Miss. 1997)
In 2002, Sam was appointed by the Mississippi Supreme Court as Special Judge of the County Court of Warren County. Between 1997 and 2001, he served his hometown of Vicksburg as a City Commissioner, which included serving as City Fire and Ambulance Commissioner. Sam enjoys community service and has served on the Board of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Mississippi, and as a member of St. Peter Orthodox Christian Church.
Sam is also a Certified Mediator.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Distinguished AV™ Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Mississippi Bar Distinguished Service Award
- Outstanding National Product Liability Counsel Award
- Top 50 Leaders in Law by the Mississippi Business Journal (2010)
- Co-recipient of Angel Award by the Jackson Center for Violence Prevention
- Seminar speaker, Legal and Ethical Challenges in Young Mesothelioma Cases, September 2020, Perrin Conferences
- "Communication at Trial and Jury Selection," AEM Product Liability Seminar
- The Mississippi Bar (Bench-Bar Liaison Committee)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Mississippi, Board of Directors
- Special Olympics
- Rotary Club
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Mississippi (B.A. in Mathematics, magna cum laude)
- District of Columbia