John G. Gaul
John G. Gaul
John Gaul is the Managing Member in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania office and is the firm’s resolution coordinator in mass toxic tort asbestos litigation.
For over 40 years, his practice has involved the management of national asbestos litigation on behalf of numerous corporate defendants, first with the Asbestos Claims Facility, then as Director of Law for the Center for Claims Resolution. Due to his extensive in-house and national coordinating council and litigation experience, John actively advises many of the firm's clients in mass tort litigation. He is keenly aware of the pressures faced by companies who are defendants in today's litigation environment and the impact that decisions made in the course of handling cases in the tort system may have on their ongoing business concerns. John also advises our clients in national litigation matters leveraging the firm's case management technology capabilities.
John volunteers as a Child Advocate with the Support Center for Child Advocates in Philadelphia. Since 2003, John has been a mentor as part of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He is also a current member of the Board of Directors of the Alumni HenLaw Society, which he helped found, that focuses on the mentoring of University of Delaware undergraduate students and current University of Delaware alumni law students.
- Complex Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell® Pre-Eminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- 2022 Distinguished Child Advocate for the Support Center for Child Advocates representing at-risk neglected and abused children
- Included in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania – Pro Bono Publico Award Roll of Honor 2012-2017
- University of Delaware College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Achievement Award, May 2017
- 2007 Core Group Bucks County Big Brother of the Year
- 2016 Community Based Bucks County Big Brother of the Year
- Recipient of the Bill O’Neill Companions on the Journey Award presented by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia which is the highest recognition from the National Federation of Catholic Youth ministry presented to coaches who exemplify the best attributes of ministry and Catholic teaching to Youth.
- "50 Years of Asbestos Litigation – A Historical Assessment of Each Decade," Defense Research Institute Asbestos Medicine Seminar, (November 2021, New Orleans, LA)
- Defense Research Institute Asbestos Medicine Seminars - Topics Include: Asbestos Litigation Historical Retrospective; Distributor and Contractor Liability
- Perrin Asbestos Defense Strategic Summit, New Orleans.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Big Brother - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County Pennsylvania
- Founding President of the University of Delaware Alumni HenLaw Society, which is integral to the Legal Professional Preparatory Program that he helped establish at the University to mentor present UD students with an interest in the law, as well as UD graduates in law school and practice
- University of Delaware College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Advisory Counsel
- University of Delaware Alumni Association Board of Directors
- St. Bede the Venerable Parish Council; St. Bede the Venerable Parish Vocational Coordinator; St. Bede the Venerable Youth Ministry
University of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court