Jared B. Shafer
Jared Shafer is an experienced litigator throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey State and Federal Courts.
Jared has a diverse background defending clients in product liability, construction, premises liability, transportation, subrogation and property damage matters. He handles all phases of litigation from claim inception through trial on behalf of individual clients, small to Fortune 500 companies, including numerous insurance companies. A significant portion of his practice involves high exposure, complex, multi-party cases. Jared has developed expertise in representing companies in response to benzene exposure claims. He also represented a long time Philadelphia region paint company in asbestos litigation for more than 10 years.
In an effort to minimize a client's exposure and litigation costs, Jared actively counsels clients concerning legal trends, impactful court opinions, investigations, and risk analysis and management.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- 2016 CLM Annual Conference, Orlando, FL - Genetics in Civil Litigation
- 2016 CLM Continuing Legal Education Event, Cherry Hill, NJ - Status of Medical Marijuana Programs in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- 2016 CLM Continuing Legal Education Event, Pennsauken, NJ - Status of Medical Marijuana Programs in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania Defense Institute's December 2013 publication of CounterPoint - Delay Damages - Author
- LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Personal Injury Litigation (2012 Edition, LexisNexis Matthew Bender) - Contributing Editor
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) - Education Director for Eastern Pennsylvania (2014-2015); Director of Events (2016); Vice President (2017-2018)
Widener University School of Law
(B.A. in Psychology and Business Administration, 1999)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Third Circuit Court of Appeals