Environmental Regulation and Litigation
Maron Marvel attorneys in the Environmental Regulation and Litigation Group provide legal advice and counseling, regionally and through affiliated local counsel, to clients relating to environmental enforcement actions and regulatory and permit proceedings before federal and state courts and agencies as well as other administrative tribunals. The firm also has a long history of successfully defending companies in cases involving environmental claims and associated class actions in both state and federal courts on a national basis and as local trial counsel.
Our environmental litigation experience has involved:
- CERCLA/Superfund sites;
- Industrial and oilfield operations involving a variety of chemicals, such as PCBs, BTEX/TPH, organic solvents, heavy metals, saltwater, and naturally occurring radiation materials (“NORMS”);
- Underground storage tanks (UST/LUST);
- Gas well blowouts and “toxic cloud” personal injury and property damage litigation;
- Oil and gas/pipeline claims;
- PPR Steering Committee for Toxic Chemical Removal;
- Ground water and neighborhood contamination;
- Brownfields redevelopment;
- Clean up and cost recovery;
- Land use; and
- Neighborhood contamination litigation.