Shelley K. Napolitano
Shelley Napolitano is a Director in the firm's New Orleans office, and a member of the firm's Product Liability and Mass Toxic Tort litigation team, focusing in the areas of asbestos and talc.
In addition to managing day-to-day aspects of litigation, she serves a vital role in conducting large scale fact investigation projects as well as corporate deposition preparation. She is a well-rounded advocate with experience in Louisiana state and federal courts, having successfully briefed and argued various discovery, dispositive, and pre-trial motions.
Shelley is also part of the firm's General Liability Litigation team for which she manages a varied personal injury docket, defending insurers and a range of Louisiana companies in products, premise liability, and other injury cases.
She is the first young lawyer appointed to serve as the Chair of the Publications Board for the Defense Research Institute (DRI). Shelley also serves as the Young Lawyers Committee's Marketing Chair and has formerly chaired both the Publications Subcommittee and the Raising the Bar Subcommittee.
Prior to joining Maron Marvel, Shelley represented insurers in automobile, premises liability, CGL, coverage, employment and maritime litigation in both Louisiana and federal courts.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- Federal Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Chair, DRI Publications Board
- Marketing Chair, DRI Young Lawyers Committee
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Former Raising the Bar Chair, DRI Young Lawyers Committee
- Former Young Lawyers Liaison, DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar
- Former Publications Chair, DRI Young Lawyers Committee
- Former Publications Chair, DRI Diversity Committee
- Ethical Expectations of Counsel in the Tripartite Relationship, Client Webinar Certified through Perrin, June 3, 2020.
- First Time for Everything: Tips for Preparing for and Taking Fact and Expert Depositions for the First Time, New Orleans Bar Association Procrastinators' Program, December 11, 2019.
- Avoiding Discovery Sanctions in Document Productions and Corporate Representative Depositions, Defense Research Institute (DRI) Asbestos Medicine Seminar, Boston, MA, November 14, 2019.
- Ethical Issues Confronting Claims Organizations and Their Attorneys, Client Presentation certified through Perrin, Morristown, NJ, October 8, 2019.
- Missing in Action: What To Do When Your Client Goes Off the Grid, New Orleans Bar Association Procrastinators' Program, Dec. 7, 2018.
- Lucy Lee Helm (Secretary, Vice President, and General Counsel for Starbucks) & Shelley Napolitano, Let's Meet for Coffee: Encouraging Diversity Retention and Inclusion Through Mentorship, Defense Research Institute's For The Defense, August 2015.
- Brad Szollose & Shelley Napolitano, Embracing the Digital Age to Work in Harmony, Federal Bar Association Webinar, Oct. 29, 2014.
- Shelley K. Napolitano, Social Media: An Effective Evidentiary Tool, 61 LA. B.J. 332 (2014).
Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center
Louisiana State University
(B.A. in English)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana