Scott W. Henry
Scott Henry is the Managing Director of the firm’s Chicago office.
Scott focuses his practice on litigating environmental, mass tort, and premises liability matters. His experience includes a wide range of clients from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. He is dedicated to helping each client resolve complex issues, municipal laws and ordinance issues, and to creating solutions to avoid litigation. Scott has tried cases in more than half a dozen jurisdictions. He has the unique ability to represent the client on the matter at hand while analyzing the parts of the business that may additionally be at risk. He devises solutions for clients that can help avoid litigation, such as negotiating more than 250 settlements nationwide with more than 30 different plaintiff firms in personal injury cases ranging from $500 to more than $100 million. He has briefed and argued successful summary judgment motions, motions to dismiss and motions to transfer in both federal and state courts.
Scott is very active in the Chicago Legal Community. He recently served as Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee which evaluates over 200 candidates annually. He regularly represents pro bono clients, most significantly he won a complicated political asylum case for a refugee from the Congo.
- Construction Litigation and Counseling
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin's "40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch"
- Illinois Super Lawyer® Rising Star®
- Illinois Super Lawyer®
- Chair, Perrin Environmental Conference, Summer 2018
- Past Chair, Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Past Vice President, Chicago Legal Clinic Board of Directors
- Member, Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth Board of Directors
- Committee Lead Co-Chair, Environmental & Toxic Tort Committee, Claim and Litigation Management Alliance
- Pro Bono Attorney, National Immigrant Justice Center
- Past Member, Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Board of Directors
- Past Member, Chicago Bar Association Board of Managers
- Past Member, Chicago Bar Foundation Board
- Past Chair, Young Lawyers Section of Chicago Bar Association (former Co-Editor-In-Chief of YLS Journal)
- Past Member, Junior Board of the Mercy Home for Boys and Girls
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A. in English, 1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Illinois