Sarah Beth Jones
Sarah Beth Jones focuses her practice on coordination of special projects and implementation of creative defense strategies designed to reduce risk in the mass tort arena.
Sarah Beth was instrumental in the coordination of medical joint defense efforts in federal asbestos MDL 875 and managed dockets on behalf of multiple clients. Sarah Beth possesses extensive knowledge regarding asbestos bankruptcy trusts and works with insurers and defendants involved in litigation nationwide to increase transparency. She works daily with clients and their local counsel on bankruptcy trust issues, including trust records collection, trust value estimates, and efforts to compel compliance with bankruptcy trust transparency legislation and court orders regarding disclosure of bankruptcy trust claims information. Sarah Beth also represents clients locally in mass tort litigation defense in Mississippi and Alabama and coordinates their dockets, including drafting and filing pleadings and substantive motions, conducting and coordinating fact and expert discovery, and negotiating case resolutions.
- "Did You Get That? Maximizing Alternative Exposures and Bankruptcy Trust Information at Depositions," For the Defense, January 2019.
- “2018 Progress Report: Asbestos Trust Transparency Legislation,” The Voice, Vol. 17, Issue 28, July 25, 2018.
- “Overcoming Generational Differences: A Millenial’s Guide to Succeeding in a Multigenerational Law Practice,” For The Defense, November 2017.
- “2017 Asbestos Update: Deposition Strategies for Developing Alternative Exposures,” For The Defense, June 2017.
- “Trust Transparency Post-Garlock: Discovery and Deposition Strategies for Defense Counsel,” The National Forum for Environmental & Toxic Tort Issues (FETTI) Winter/Spring 2016 Case Law Update Newsletter.
- “Asbestos Litigation and the Bankruptcy Trust System: Mastering a Plaintiff’s Game,” Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Report, Vol. 15 #3, October 2015.
- “The Billion Dollar Difference: The Value of Trust Transparency,” Mealey’s Litigation Report: Asbestos, Vol. 29 #15, September 10, 2014.
- “The Billion Dollar Difference: The Value of Trust Transparency,” Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Report, Vol. 14 #1, August 2014.
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) - Product Liability Committee, Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee, and Young Lawyers Committee
University of Mississippi School of Law
(J.D., cum laude)
Mississippi State University
(B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Southern, and Northern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi