Robert W. Petti
Robert Petti focuses his practice on environmental law and complex civil litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert worked in both government regulatory and private practice in Colorado and Illinois. Robert holds a bachelor of science in geology and environmental resource management, and employs his scientific knowledge to guide his understanding of the often complex network of technical issues pervasive in environmental matters. He has utilized this unique background to achieve successful outcomes handling matters before trial courts, appellate courts, and administrative boards on an array of environmental concerns including CERCLA (Superfund), RCRA, EPCRA, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and a variety of private claims involving toxic or hazardous material claims. Robert also utilizes his scientific background to aid in the litigation of complex construction matters. His experience working with small and midsize businesses, as well as major industrial and commercial entities, has taught him that understanding the varied challenges faced by businesses of all sizes are an important part of reaching a positive resolution in each unique matter.
- Colorado Bar Association CLE on Brownfields Redevelopment, Co-Chair, Denver, CO.
- Speaker, Perrin Environmental Risk & Litigation Conference: Lead, Vapor Intrusion & Groundwater Contamination, New York, NY.
- Claims Litigation Management Webinar: Vapor Intrusion Regulatory Updates.
- "Beneath the Surface: Developments in Vapor Intrusion Regulation and Why They Matter," CLM Magazine, March 2017.
- Associate Member, Environmental Law Institute
- Chicago Bar Association, Environmental Law Section and Administrative Law Section
- Environmental Section of the Colorado Bar Association, Advisory Council
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D. )
- Western Michigan University (B.S. )
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado