Preston O. Lee
Preston O. Lee
Preston Lee is a Director in the Jackson, Mississippi office.
Preston represents numerous firm clients for the defense in product liability, premises liability, personal injury, environmental, construction defect, and toxic tort matters. He has also been a part of the firm's Trust Transparency Team, assisting defendants, their counsel and insurers in obtaining plaintiff information from bankruptcy trusts and estimating bankruptcy trust claims values. His background in the field of environmental biology and his diverse experience allow him to provide a unique legal perspective and deliver successful solutions to his clients' litigation issues.
During law school, he served as a law clerk with the United Stated Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, DC, and the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality in Jackson, MS.
Prior to joining the firm, Preston obtained considerable experience defending clients in litigation, including trial, in cases pending in state and federal court involving allegations of nursing home negligence, medical device defects, commercial and residential construction defects, insurance coverage disputes, and mass tort litigation regarding exposure to silica.
- Glyphosate and Dicamba - Expertise regarding all aspects of current litigation.
- Cannabis - Experience regarding the cannabis industry including corporate matters, licensing and permitting, insurance, litigation, real estate and construction of facilities, intellectual property, health law, information technology, and labor and employment issues.
- Agricultural Law - Chemical Exposure and Herbicide Spray Drift.
- Nursing Home Defense
- Direct Actions
- "Emerging Trends in the Cannabis Industry", Perrin Conferences (Speaker, June 27, 2019, San Francisco, CA)
- "Roundup-Glyphosate Litigation: Past, Present and Future", Perrin Conferences (Webinar, February 5, 2019)
- "Off Target: Dicamba Drift Issues Ensnaring Farmers," Growing America, August 2017.
- Capital Area Bar Association
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- The University of Southern Mississippi (B.S. in Biology, 1996)