John R. Robinson
John Robinson concentrates his practice on commercial and construction litigation, premises and security liability claims, personal injury, as well as trucking and transportation litigation.
John has over 30 years of litigation experience and has tried over 200 cases from voir dire to verdict. John represents and defends General Contractors and Sub-contractors in construction litigation all over the state of Texas. He is Texas counsel for one of the largest shopping mall and retail companies in the country and continues to represent trucking and transportation carriers throughout the state. In addition, John has argued cases on behalf of clients before the Texas Supreme Court, the Dallas Court of Appeals, as well as the Amarillo and Tyler Courts of Appeals. John was lead appellate counsel and successfully argued the seminal Texas foreseeability case before the Texas Supreme Court: See: C.J. Doe v. Boys Clubs of Greater Dallas Inn, 907 S.W. 2d 472 (Tex. 1995). Prior to entering private practice, John served 4 years as an Assistant District Asttorney in Dallas County.
- The Best Lawyers® in America
- "Security Litigation in Texas: The Latest Developments"
- "Dram Shop Law in Texas: An Update"
- "Trucking Claims in the 21st Century - It's a Brave New World"
- Boy Scouts of America
University of Houston, Bates College of Law
University of Texas at Austin
(B.A., cum laude)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit