Howard E. Jarvis
Howard E. Jarvis is a Director at the firm with extensive experience in toxic tort, environmental, product liability and insurance defense litigation.
Throughout his forty-plus year legal career, Howard has served as lead counsel in toxic tort and environmental litigation in close to twenty jurisdictions, including Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. He has argued cases in the Tennessee Supreme Court and Tennessee Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Howard has invaluable experience representing large corporations as trial counsel in a number of very serious toxic tort cases, involving both personal injury and property damage claims as a result of alleged chemical exposures.
Howard is also in the forefront of genetic testing for toxic tort litigation.
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America - Products Liability Litigation, Environmental Litigation, and Personal Injury Litigation (since 2011)
- Mid-South Super Lawyer - Insurance Coverage (since 2006)
- Voted Top Knoxville Attorney by peers in Cityview Magazine (since 2009)
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Knoxville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- University of Tennessee (J.D., 1979)
- University of Tennessee (B.A., 1976)
- Tennessee (1979)
- Pennsylvania (2015)