Colleen S. Welch
For more than fifteen years, Colleen Welch has successfully defended her clients at every stage of litigation, including in trial, upon dispositive motions, and on appeal. Her experience lies in the areas of product liability, toxic tort, silica, and asbestos.
Serving as both national coordinating counsel and local counsel for various clients, Colleen understands both avenues of litigation and duty to one's client. In a case of first impression for the Mississippi Supreme Court, she developed a plan for a client in which her client was dismissed from over fifteen cases and effectively ended in the litigation against this client in Mississippi. She also developed the strategy for dismissal of over a hundred cases on behalf of multiple product manufacturers and distributors. Likewise, Colleen assists in guiding litigation nationwide in ehr role as national coordinating counsel, and in that role, has worked with local counsel to obtain the best results for clients.
Upon graduating from law school, Colleen served as a law clerk for the Honorable Lamar Pickard of the 22nd District, Hazlehust, Mississippi. Colleen is a member of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project and routinely volunteers for actions involving the legal needs of children. She is also a certified arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau Auto Line.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- Best Lawyers in America®
- 2018 Curtis E. Coker Access to Justice Award from the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D. , 2002)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 1994)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit