Colleen S. Welch
For more than fifteen years, Colleen Welch has successfully defended her clients at every stage of litigation, including in trial, upon dispositive motions, and on appeal. Her experience lies in the areas of product liability, toxic tort, silica, and asbestos.
Serving as both national coordinating counsel and local counsel for various clients, Colleen understands both avenues of litigation and duty to one's client. In a case of first impression for the Mississippi Supreme Court, she developed a plan for a client in which her client was dismissed from over fifteen cases and effectively ended in the litigation against this client in Mississippi. She also developed the strategy for dismissal of over a hundred cases on behalf of multiple product manufacturers and distributors. Likewise, Colleen assists in guiding litigation nationwide in ehr role as national coordinating counsel, and in that role, has worked with local counsel to obtain the best results for clients.
Upon graduating from law school, Colleen served as a law clerk for the Honorable Lamar Pickard of the 22nd District, Hazlehust, Mississippi. Colleen is a member of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project and routinely volunteers for actions involving the legal needs of children. She is also a certified arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau Auto Line.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Included in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Selected to Mid-South Super Lawyers for 2021-2021
- Included in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®for Personal Liability Litigation - Defendants
- 2018 Curtis E. Coker Access to Justice Award from the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Included in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Selected to Mid-South Rising Stars for 2012
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D. , 2002)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 1994)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit