Colleen S. Welch
For more than fifteen years, Colleen Welch has successfully defended her clients at every stage of litigation, including in trial, upon dispositive motions, and on appeal. Her experience lies in the areas of product liability, toxic tort, silica, and asbestos.
Colleen has defended claims for both large multi-national corporations, and small family businesses. She is innovative in her approach, diligent in her discovery, and recognizes that exploring proactive solutions to intricate issues can help clients manage risks to avoid litigation or prepare for trial if necessary. Whatever the need is, Colleen’s relentless approach to the defense of her client ensures the optimal outcome for that client.
In addition to her litigation practice, Colleen assists defendants, their counsel and insurers in obtaining plaintiff information from bankruptcy trusts and estimating bankruptcy trust claims values. As part of the trust transparency team, she provides clients with national strategies to effectively utilize records and information contained in asbestos bankruptcy trusts to assist with tort litigation.
Upon graduating from law school, Colleen served as a law clerk for the Honorable Lamar Pickard of the 22nd District, Hazlehust, Mississippi. Colleen is a member of the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project and routinely volunteers for actions involving the legal needs of children. She is also a certified arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau Auto Line.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent AV™ Peer Review Rated
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- Best Lawyers in America®
- 2018 Curtis E. Coker Access to Justice Award from the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D. , 2002)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 1994)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit