Clare S. Rush
Clare Rush has extensive experience handling high-volume mass tort litigation.
Clare is a core member of the trial team representing a large chemical defendant in various Mississippi jurisdictions. As part of this team, she manages the defendant’s day-to-day local practice in Mississippi, including drafting and filing pleadings, deposing witnesses, conducting discovery, developing motion practice approaches and negotiating dismissals. Clare also heavily participates in extensive trial preparation and strategy, including spearheading expert witness development and examination. She has managed the dockets of numerous clients and participated in over 100 hearings and status conferences in MDL 875, served as counsel of record in numerous Seventh Circuit cases transferred to MDL 875, and litigated numerous cases in MDL 875 until final resolution and dismissal. Clare served as a national coordinating counsel jurisdictional manager on behalf of multiple mass tort defendants in high risk jurisdictions (including Madison County, Illinois). In this role, she coordinated litigation, settlement and defense strategies alongside local counsel and organized expert and discovery needs. Additionally, Clare has experience with mass tort medical device litigation, and served on the litigation team for a Fortune® 10 company.
- Drugs and Medical Devices
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- Top 50 under 40 Business Leaders in Mississippi: Mississippi Business Journal, 2016
- “Six Keys to Being a Successful Candidate” – University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, February 2018.
- Mock Trial Plaintiff Attorney Participant for Travelers Insurance – Perrin Conferences, Richardson, Texas, May 2017.
- “Guidelines for Fair Play in Your Practice” – The Mississippi Bar Bridge the Gap: Rule 3 – New Lawyer Program, Jackson, Mississippi, September 2017.
- “2017 Alternative Exposures Round Table Discussion” – Perrin Conferences, Beverly Hills, California, March 2017.
- “Understanding Your Obligations to Your Adversaries” – The Mississippi Bar Bridge the Gap: Rule 3 – New Lawyer Program, Jackson, Mississippi, September 2015.
- “Asbestos Past, Present, & Future: Jurisdictional Analysis – Illinois” – Summit III, Perrin Conferences, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 2015
- The Mississippi Bar
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Asbestos Medicine DRI – Marketing Committee (2016-present)
- Asbestos Medicine DRI – Social Media Chairman 2018
University of Mississippi School of Law
(J.D., cum laude)
University of Mississippi
(B.A. in Journalism, magna cum laude)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit